Who The Hell Am I?
(With much thanks to crazy dumbsaint of the mind. )
1. Where were you born? Boston, MA.
2. Were you named after someone? No, not someone. Some thing, I suppose. My dad wanted to name me Angela. My mom wanted to name me Sabrina. And they couldn’t agree; each one disliked the other’s suggestion. So they left it up to my two oldest siblings, my brother, aged 5 and my older sister, aged 2, at the time. (I have another older brother, but he had just turned a year old two weeks before. As a matter of fact, today — March 6th — is his birthday.) They both liked the sound/concept of ‘Heather’ — a pretty purple flowered shrubbery. <–(A shrubbery! Not too tall, not too short, and not too expensive….*grin*)
3. How many children do you have? Two
4. How many pets do you have? I have one dog, three cats, and one ferret.
5. Your worst injury? Probably that time that I knocked out both of my front teeth trying to ride a wooden wagon down Harmony Lane (which was a very steep hill) when I was 7 years old. There was a line of fence posts at the base of the hill. Gah. I suffered a concussion, too.
6. Do you have a special talent? Huh, probably. I make a really delicious apple pie, among other things.
7. Favorite thing to bake? Chocolate chip cookies.
8. Favorite Fast Food? Anything with bacon, I suppose.
9. Would you bungee jump? I really don’t think so. (As Rebecca had said, I think that there’d have to be a sizeable cash prize for doing so, if ever, at all.)
10. What is the first thing you notice about people? I notice how people treat each other in their personal sphere — especially how they treat service personnel that they come in contact with (waitstaff, checkout clerk, the door greeter at a hotel). Maybe it’s because I’ve worked in some form of customer service all my life. Other than that…I know that it’s going to sound shallow, but usually I notice people’s shoes.
11. When was the last time you cried? Last night.
12. Any current worries? How my son K is going to do on the FCAT.
13. Name 3 drinks you drink regularly. Coffee, water, whiskey. Though, not usually, all at once.
14. What’s your favorite book? Gah. As if I could pick just one. Several of my all-time favorites: Galina Krassakova’s Feeding the Flame, James Thurber’s The Thurber Carnival, Angela Carter’s Saints and Strangers, Flannery O’Connor’s A Good Man is Hard to Find, and…. any short story anthology written by Ray Bradbury.
15. Would you like to be a pirate? Possibly. I mean, I’m not so great at the hand to hand combat, but I can wear an eyepatch with little to no ill effect to my depth perception.
16. Favorite Smells? Popcorn, leather, rain in the trees, woodsmoke, oranges, and cloves.
17. Why do you blog? Because I fear succumbing to Alzheimers. Too much that I don’t want to forget.
18. What song do you want played at your funeral? Hm. As it is with the books (above), I love all kinds of music. Hopefully the loved ones that I leave behind will create an interesting soundtrack of the various songs that I love, and play them.
19. What is your least favorite thing about yourself? Ah, Rebecca; I agree with this one: I, too, am a slacker of epic proportions. I have great intentions but no follow through. I routinely welcome — and often, need — a cosmic boot up my ass.
20. Favorite hobby? Writing.
21. Name Something you’ve done, you never thought you would do? I used to think that an avowed misanthrope like myself could never find the wherewithal to go to a HUGE event (like LR or DO), without a partner, and still have a fantastically soul-enriching social experience.
22. What do you look for in a friend? A certain level of unabashed geekiness, an interesting vocabulary, a well-developed sense of compassion, and a wry sense of humor.
23. Favorite fun things to do? Laugh. Stargaze. Have sex.
24. Pet peeves? Telemarketers, willful ignorance, dishonesty, and inability to accept responsibility for one’s actions and the impact on others.
25. What’s the last thing that made you laugh? A hilariously absurd episode of Spongebob Squarepants. (Sorry, Rebecca.)
I’m supposed to tag 8 people to do this but I’m not gonna do that! If you want to do this, do it.Then let me know you did it so I can read it.